Back in January this year, Microsoft had announced the new Office 2016 and a preview version was released later in May. Today the company announced the final version of Office 2015 for Windows and Mac and is available for download.
Along with new security features, Office 2016 also marks a new model for delivery, where subscribers can expect to get more frequent updates with new features and improvements. Office has been one of the most productivity tools from Microsoft and the company has been improving on the features with each build.
Here are some of the new features in Office 2016:
- Real-time co-authoring in Word which has been available in Office web app. This means you can see what changes others are making to the document.
- Skype for Business is now available in the client apps, allowing you to IM, screen share, talk or video chat right in your docs.
- Keep teams connected with Office 365 Groups, now available as part of Outlook 2016 and in a new Outlook Groups app on iOS, Android and Windows Phone. Office 365 Groups allows individuals to easily create public or private teams. Each group includes a shared inbox, calendar, cloud storage for group files, and a shared OneNote notebook to keep the team productive.
- Office 365 Planner helps teams organize their work, with the ability to create new plans, organize and assign tasks, set due dates and update status.
- Excel 2016 now includes integrated publishing to Power BI and new modern chart-types to help you make the most of your data.
- Outlook 2016 has access to OneDrive cloud attachments
- With Windows Hello, you can sign in to your PC and Office 365 with a simple look or a touch—no need to type a password anymore.
- Cortana will be coming soon to Outlook 2016
- OneDrive for Business is coming later this across sync, browser, mobile, IT control and developer experiences.
Complete list of new features and improvements available here.
- Office 365 Personal- $6.99/ month or $69.99 yearly
- Office 365 Home- $9.99/ month or $99.99 yearly
- Office Home and Student 2016- $149.99
- Office Home and Business 2016- $229.99
- Office Professional 2016- $399.99
Price in India:
- Office 365 Personal- Rs 330 month or Rs 3299 yearly
- Office 365 Home- Rs 420/ month or Rs 4199 yearly
- Office Home and Student 2016- Rs 5999
- Office Home and Business 2016- Rs 18499
- Office Professional 2016- Rs 30999