Smartwatches are now becoming the latest trend after smartphones and we have seen most of the smartphone companies are now venturing into smartwatch. we already have Galaxy Gear from Samsung and also smartwatch from Sony. Pebble, one of the most popular smartwatch which was funded through Kickstarter is also gaining traction. 2014 should be the year of smartwatches as we are sure to see more products launching in the coming months.
Meanwhile in India, Buxsa, a ecommerce company which sells accessories for your phone, tablets, cameras, has launched Merlin smartwatches in India. The Merlin Smart Watch connects to your smartphone wirelessly so that you can take your calls with ease. Not just the connection, the watch can also acts as a standalone phone when a SIM is inserted. You can now view missed calls, read text messages and browse contacts directly on the Smart Watch. It can also play music and videos although the screen isn’t suitable for media.
What it does
- Syncs with any Android Smart Phone
- Check phone and SMS alerts without using your phone
- Syncs your entire phonebook–if you lose your mobile, you still have your contacts on your wrist
- Has a SIM slot, so it can also work as an independent mobile phone when needed
- Features a touch screen that recognises handwriting
- Can answer calls directly by using bundled wireless headset or in-built speaker and microphone
Features of Merlin
Network : GSM850/1900MHz 900/1800MHz (GPRS) Display : 1.44 inch Touch Screen 128×128 Pixel
Ringtone type : Polyphonic(64 chords)
Vibration : yes
Phonebook : 500
Call records : yes
Card slot : MicroSD (T-Flash), up to 8GB
Connectivity : Bluetooth
Data transfer : USB cable/Bluetooth(voice stereo)
Messaging : SMS, MMS
User profiles : General, Meeting, Outdoor, Indoor, Headset, Bluetooth
Battery : 600mAh Li-ion battery
Pricing and Availability
The product is priced at INR 8,999 only and is available exclusively with Buxsa for the next 30 days. You can pick the smartwatch from here.