Kingston Technology has announced the launch of its new Solid State Drive, the SSDNow UV100 for India and it comes in two variants – 60GB and 120GB. Kingston has introduced these new SSDs for business class users who need better computing and which fits their budget. Unlike other SSDs which are costly, this one is cost effective and improves performance of the system by providing a 10x overall system boost when working with multiple applications simultaneously.
With the UV100 SSD, users can easily upgrade their PCs at a much lower cost without having to spend on buying a whole new system.
The new SSDs are sleek and comes in 2.5 inch form factor and available in two capacities. With SSDs becoming more and more popular and reliable, people are opting for SSDs for their computing needs and Kingston’s offering is pretty good to start with as it is budget friendly.
Kingston SSDNow UV100 Features & Specifications:
- Form factor: 2.5″
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)
- Capacities: 60GB, 120GB
- Sequential Read/Write: SATA Rev. 3.0 –
- 60GB – up to: 425/ 425MB/s
- 120GB – up to: 425/ 425MB/s
- Maximum 4k Read/Write3:
- 60GB – up to 65,000/26,000 IOPS
- 120GB – up to 50,000/50,000 IOPS
- Random 4k Read/Write:
- 60GB – up to: 45,000/7,500 IOPS
- 120GB – up to: 37,000/14,000 IOPS
- PCMARK® Vantage HDD Suite Score: 55,000
- Total Bytes Written (TBW)4:
- 60GB – 32TB
- 120GB – 64TB
- Power consumption:
- 0.08 W Idle / 0.108 W Avg. / 1.025 W (MAX) Read / 2.8 W (MAX) Write
- Storage temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C
- Operating temperature: 0°C~70°C
- Dimensions: 100.3mm x 69.9mm x 7mm
- Weight: 77.5g
- Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
- MTBF: 1 million hours
- Warranty/support: 2-year warranty with free technical support
The Kingston SSDNow UV100 will be available across all major retail outlets starting this week and would be backed by a two-year warranty and free technical support.