Siri has been very popular ever since it was first released on iPhone 4S. It is a personal assistant which allows you to compose emails, manage calendar, search etc. Although there are many alternatives available for Android, none of them truly matches the Siri in terms of performance. Indigo is a new cloud-based personal assistant app that you can download to your smartphone, tablet or computer. This app is currently under development for Windows Phone 8 and Android devices. You can manage pre-installed apps such as contacts, weather, maps, calendars, reminders and alarms as well as composing and sending texts, updating Facebook and sending tweets; all through the power of your voice.
One good feature of Indigo is that you will be able to sync your searches across devices as it is available across various platforms. For example if you search something on your Android tablet or phone, it is instantly available on your Windows Phone 8 as well.
Indigo on Android is will be available for Ice-cream Sandwich and above. The Indigo App is fully compatible with the phone’s pre-installed features such as contacts, weather and calendar. The Windows Phone app will require WP8 although there is no mention of older phones.
Whilst Indigo can do all this as well there’s so much more to offer such as integration with:
- Social Networks: Stay social but without the hassle of having to pull up the app, enter login details and then type your status or Tweet. All you need to do is tell Indigo what you want and it will be instantly uploaded. Simple!
- Restaurant Recommendations: Tired of visiting the same restaurants, clubs or new to an area then let Indigo work with Yelp and find you the ideal venue.
- Search Engines: We all have those moments when we need to look something up on the internet, save time through the power of your voice, ask Indigo and the results will pop open in a new window. Set which search engine you prefer (Google, etc) in the ‘My Preference’s section on this website.
- Email Accounts: Compose an email on the go by letting Indigo do all the hard work. All you need to do is dictate the message and tell Indigo who to send it to, the rest is done for you.
- Get Musical: Have access to millions of songs through Indigo’s connection to Spotify. You can ask by artist, song or even tell Indigo what mood you’re in and sit back and listen to the music.
There is no info on when the app will be available on multiple platforms, but we expect it to be announced soon as it was showcased in MWC 2013.