There are many Twitter apps for Android and many of them have almost the same user interface. Recently we had reviewed Falcon Pro, an amazing Twitter app for Android with support for widgets. Here is another awesome Twitter app- Carbon. Carbon was first available for Windows Phone and then later announced for Android. But the development was stopped in between. But it was started once again recently and they have released the first version of Carbon for Twitter. This is not to be confused with Carbon backup and restore app we covered few days back.
Carbon comes with a unique interface and theme and has almost all of features needed in a Twitter app.
To refresh the screen, just pull down the screen and you see an animation. The settings and other features are available from the sidebar.
The compose window is simple and allows you to add an image to tweet as well.
- Tilt Timeline to Refresh
- Power Scroll: Scroll/Swipe up or down using Two fingers to jump to top or bottom of Timelines
- Tap+Hold on Tweets to make everything clickable right on the Timeline
- QuickTimeline, home screen quick Timeline for Lists, Searches, Trends, etc
- Rich Timelines with full inline images and videos
- Rich and HD style for User Profiles
- Rich and fun Conversation View
- Threaded Direct Messages
- Background updates with quick actions for Jelly Bean, per account
- Username Autocomplete
- Filters for Hashtags, Users, and Keywords
There are quite a lot of features available with respect to UI when compared to Falcon Pro. Carbon for Android is free download and supports Android 4.0 and up.