Paragon Software Group has released an backup solution for Windows 8. Paragon Image Backup for Windows 8 is a disk-imaging tool for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012. It employs Microsoft VSS and Paragon’s patent-pending technologies for consistent point-in-time copies of the whole disk system or separate volumes. For recovery purposes it includes a powerful Linux/DOS environment.
The app interface is simple, there are two main options, backup and recovery. The backup option allows you to select disk drives to backup and also allows for backup on hard disk or a networked drive.
The restore option can bring back the files stored in the archives to the drives.
Key Features of this tool;
- Support of the latest Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012
- Support of the brand-new ReFS (Resilient File System) for backup, restore, and browsing under Windows and Linux
- Live Windows backup: Create an image-based copy of the whole disk system, or separate volumes and place it locally, to CD/DVD/BD, or on the net. The use of the disk-imaging mechanism and Microsoft VSS (Volume Shadow Copy Service) tackles the problem of backing up running applications and system locked files
- Flexible recovery: Restore the whole backup image, or only particular files under Windows or from the Linux/DOS recovery environment
- Additional maintenance functions: The Linux/DOS recovery environment includes basic functions for initializing, partitioning and formatting hard disks
The app is available free of cost and you can use it on Windows. You need to register for a free account before downloading.