VirusTotal is a popular free online service which allows users to scan files with more than 40+ antivirus engines by uploading the file. VirusTotal analyzes suspicious files and facilitates the quick detection of viruses, worms, trojans, and all kinds of malware detected by antivirus engines. The best feature of this service is that it scans using multiple antivirus and malware scanners. SecurityXploded has now released a desktop tool to scan the files using VirusTotal.
It performs direct Hash based scan on VirusTotal thus reducing the time taken to upload the file. You will need an internet connection to use this app.
If you have installed the app, you can get the context menu to quick scan files.
- Easily & Quickly perform VirusTotal scan of your file.
- Performs Hash based scan without uploading the file.
- Right click context menu to launch it directly by simply right clicking on the file.
- ‘Drag & Drop’ feature to quickly choose the file
- Displays detailed VirusTotal Scan report
It is fully portable tool but also comes with Installer for local installation & un-installation. It works on wide range of platforms starting from Windows XP to Windows 7. Please note that this app is not developed by VirusTotal.