Android Ice Cream Sandwich (or 4.0) has been the best Android version till date with new UI, features and polished interface. The stock ICS launcher has also been one of the best features of Android 4.0 with new icons. But the penetration of ICS has been very low and less than 10% of the handsets are running this version. But if you have an older version of Android like Froyo or Gingerbread (2.2 or 2.3), then you can get the default ICS launcher looks with Holo Launcher. Holo Launcher is a highly customizable launcher replacement based on the stock ICS 4.0.4 Launcher. But you can run it on Android 2.2+.
The launcher brings the exact look and feel of stock ICS launcher for Android Froyo and Gingerbread users.
- Full ICS Style: ICS Icons, Folders, Outlines, Drawer Tabs, etc.
- Custom Desktop Pages/Grid: Up to 9 desktop pages and 10 x 10 grid.
- Custom Drawer Portrait/landscape Grid: Set different drawer grid for portrait and landscape screen.
- Scrollable Dock: Up to 7 icons per page and up to 3 pages.
- Infinite Scrolling: Loop through your desktop/drawer/dock continuously.
- Desktop Previews: Pinch to access desktop previews.
- Backup and Restore: Backup and restore your settings and shortcuts.
- Other Customization Options: Keep in memory, home key action, hide labels, etc.
Holo Launcher is an excellent app for people using Android Froyo or Gingerbread and not yet received the ICS update.