When Windows 8 technical preview was released, Microsoft had released a Twitter app along with other metro apps, but this app was not available in consumer preview. In case you are waiting for a Twitter and Facebook app with metro UI for Windows 8, then you can try the new FlipToast app. It allows you to connect with your Twitter and Facebook account and also comes with lot of features. You can update your status, share photo memories, engage with posts and tweets by liking, commenting, tweeting and much more.
The interface is pretty good and you can add your Twitter and Facebook accounts. Fliptoast already has a desktop app for Facebook for Windows.
- Share your experiences on Facebook and Twitter directly from FlipToast
- Discover relevant social content from your social graph using our social search
- Update your status and share photo memories with your friends and family
- Like, comment, tweet, re-tweet, favorite or reply to posts from Facebook and Twitter
- Never forget a friend’s birthday with our birthday reminders
- View notifications whenever your friends post on your wall or mention you in a tweet
- View your Facebook inbox messages or Twitter direct messages
- Discover apps through our recommendation engine
You can download the app from Windows 8 app store. More details available here.