Bharti Airtel has today launched India’s first 4G service in Kolkata. Airtel has launched the service on a state-of-the-art network based on TD-LTE, making India one of the first countries in the world to commercially deploy this cutting-edge technology. With this launch, India joins the most advanced telecom markets in the world and marks the beginning of a new chapter in the country’s telecom success story. As of now the service will be available only in Kolkata and will be expanded.
Airtel had successfully bid for BWA license spectrum in Kolkata, Karnataka, Punjab and Maharashtra (excluding Mumbai) circles. It is currently working towards rolling out state-of-the-art networks in circles other than Kolkata.
Airtel 4G LTE services (Pricing information for Kolkata)
|Plan name||Rentals||Free usage quota||Charge after quota||Speed after quota completion|
|Break free max||1399||9||Nil||128|
|Break free Ultra||1999||18||Nil||128|
- Above plans are available in Prepaid and Postpaid
Introductory Offer ( 60 days )
- On the Rs.999 postpaid plan , customer will get a money-back for a value equivalent of one month’s rent, spread over first 6 bill cycles.
- Customers will get a bill discount of Rs.167/bill for 6 bills.
- On the Rs.1399 and Rs.1999 postpaid plans , customer will get a money-back for a value equivalent of two month’s rent, spread over first 6 bill cycles.
- Customers will get a bill discount of Rs.466/ bill for 6 bills in case of Rs.1399 plan , and Rs.666 / bill for 6 bills in case of Rs.1999 plan
|Device||MRP (In Rs)|
|Indoor CPE with wi-fi||7750|
|4G Multi Mode Dongle||7999|
For more information, please visit your nearest Airtel ARC, website www.airtel.in/4G or call 1800-1-030405