Back in December 2011, a native Tweetdeck client for Windows and Mac was released which removed its dependency with Adobe Air. At the time of release, there was lots of features missing in this native client compared to the Adobr Air version and also in comparison with other Twitter clients available for Windows. But Now, Tweetdeck has got a major update with a host of new features including media previews, Edit and Retweet, list management and more.
New features added include;
- List Management: You can now create, edit and delete lists directly in the app. There is even a dedicated Lists button on the toolbar, so you can quickly and easily manage your lists.
- Activity & Interactions: Two new columns have been to TweetDeck to make it possible to see additional activity on Twitter, including retweets, favorites and follows. A new Interactions column, available under the Add Column button, is like an enhanced Mentions column. It shows not only all of your mentions, but also alerts when you have been followed, added to a list, retweeted or favorited.
- Media Previews: TweetDeck now has inline media previews, so you can view images and videos faster and more easily.
- Edit & RT: You can now edit and RT or use the new style of retweet instead of quote.
Here is a video of the new Tweetdeck;
To update to new version;
- Windows: Close the app and restart. The app should auto-update to the latest version.
- Mac OS X: Open the Mac App Store, click Updates and grab the updated TweetDeck app
- Chrome app: Restart your Chrome browser and the TweetDeck app will auto-update
- Web: Go to web.tweetdeck.com and hit your browser refresh button.