There are many instances while browsing the internet you might want certain pages to be available offline. You might want to read certain web pages even when the internet connection is not available. The option available in such cases is to save the web page on to your desktop for reading it later or you can use the extension for Google Chrome, Page Archiver. It is simple and easy to use extension which will archive or save your pages for offline viewing. You can select any web page currently available in the tabs for archiving.
Once installed, the extension will find the web pages available inside the tabs and you can selectively archive them.
From the tabs list, you can check the box against the pages you wish to save for offline reading. Once the pages are saved, they can be accessed from the Archives menu. You can also create notes using the extension.
Features of this extension;
- Save archives for offline reading
- Export/import zip files containing HTML archives
- Edit archives and add notes with integrated WYSIWYG editor
- Add tags and rating to archives
- Filter archives by words present into title or page content
- Sort/filter archives by saved date, last read date, title, url, tags, rating and size.
- Use omnibox to search archives by title (type “pa” to trigger PageArchiver search)
- Bookmark and save archive (with Ctrl-S) when viewing it
Note: The extension requires Single Fire Core extension for its working.