When it comes to smartphones, Android is undoubtedly one of the most popular and best OS available. But one major issue for Android phones have been the battery usage as most of the handsets have complaints of battery consumption. We had previously covered some of the best apps to increase and improve the battery life on Android phones. Trend Micro has released a new app for Android phones, called Longevity, which can improve the battery consumption on Android phones.
There are multiple ways to improve the battery when using Longevity, you can have the “Just-a-Phone” mode is for those times when you are running low and you only need your phone and text messages to remain available, all other network connections like internet and sync are turned off.
There is another Power Hog alert feature which utilizes one-of-a-kind cloud intelligence and warns you when a newly downloaded app will have a high demand on your battery. There is also alerts based on battery charging and discharging.
Apart from this you can also optimize it by disabling WiFi, Bluetooth etc.
- Turn your smartphone into Just-a-Phone to ensure you can be reached for as long as possible
- Be warned when you download an app that uses too much power
- Be alerted when the battery level drops suddenly
- One click to optimize your phone and extend battery life
- Simple interface identifies what’s using the battery so you can take action
Please note that this app might not work with other battery saving apps like Juice Defender.