We have written about a freeware tool to download songs from Last.fm. Last Recorder is a another free program that can save tracks from Last.fm audio streams into separate tagged mp3 files in your computer. The application does not require any installation, you just need to provide your Last.fm username and password. Once you are logged in, click the red recording button and all songs streamed will be saved by the program in the mp3 audio format.
The mp3 files can be tagged separately (type in the tags within the program) according to the filename we want it to have. Also it’s not even necessary to log into Last.fm manually every time you start Last Recorder because by default it saves user name and password (encrypted) you entered first time.
- Saves Last.fm audio streams as mp3’s
- Easy graphical interface
- Simple command line interface
- Selectable standard stations (Tag, Artist, Loved, etc.)
- Custom station URL’s
- Can add ID3 tags (artist, album, title)
- Saves files as <Artist>/<Album>/<Title>.mp3
- Can strip whitespaces and Windows-incompatible characters from file and directory names
- Can automatically skip already recorded streams