Broadband internet connections are still not cheap, so it makes sense to keep an eye on usage so that you do not overshoot it. NetWorx is a freeware tool for bandwidth monitoring and usage reporting. You can use it to collect bandwidth usage data and measure the speed of your Internet or any other network connection. NetWorx can help you identify possible sources of network problems, ensure that you do not exceed the bandwidth limits specified by your ISP, or track down suspicious network activity characteristic of Trojan horses and hacker attacks.
You can view all the features of the tool from the system tray icon.
The software also features a system of highly customizable visual and sound alerts. You can set it up to alert you when the network connection is down or when some suspicious activity, such as unusually heavy data flow, occurs. It can also automatically disconnect all dialup connections and shut down the system.
NetWorx is highly customizable and includes network tools such as ping, trace route and netstat. With NetWorx you can;
- Find out and monitor how fast your Internet connection is.
- Find out and monitor how much Internet traffic you consume.
- Verify whether your ISP charges your Internet usage fairly.
- Detect a suspicious network activity on your computer.
- Perform simple network tests such as ping and trace route.
- Be notified about excessive Internet usage.
NetWorx is a awesome tool for network monitoring and usage reporting tool which works on all Windows platforms. It also comes in a portable version available for download.