Backing up data is one of the most important things to do and the same holds good for websites as well. If you have a WordPress powered blog, you can back up the blog online with iDrive. iDrive provides you with a WordPress plugin to back up the entire blog to cloud based storage. iDrive provides 2GB storage space for free account. Once you install the plugin, set up a free account and then login.
iDrive will show the current disk space and also last backup performed. The backup schedule is once a day.
There is also option to restore the back up. The interface is very simple and nothing to complicate users.
- Immediate backup of WordPress blog data, both files as well as MySQL data dump, into your IDrive online backup account
- Scheduled backups occur after 12 midnight every day
- Immediate restore of backed up data from your IDrive online backup account
- Smart backup – Only the first backup transfers entire WordPress content, subsequent backups are incremental where only the modified data is backed up
- Automatic notification via email on backup / restore status
- Secure transfer of data to IDrive server using SSL. Non SSL transfer option is also available for non SSL servers
- Detailed logging of backup / restore operations
For most of the blogs, 2GB of space should be good enough to back up data, in case the space is not sufficient, you can consider the paid plans.