OpenOffice.Org 3.0 which is due in September has released a beta version. This beta release is made available to allow a users to test and evaluate the next major version of OpenOffice.org, but is not recommended for production use at this stage. OpenOffice.org 3.0 features new “Start Centre”, fresh-looking icons, and a new zoom control in the status bar.
Features of new version;
- OpenOffice.org 3.0 will be available for Mac OS X apart from Linux and Windows.
- OpenOffice.org features new “Start Center” gives you a one stop shop for creating documents, spreadsheets, presentations, drawings, databases, or templates
- Improved Writer notes features
- View multiple Writer pages while editing a document
- Improved crop features in Draw and Impress
- Support for ODF and MS Office 2007 formats